You can make a reservation at Nantucket Retreats up to two years in advance, however certain weeks may not be available due to returning guests. We give returning guests priority over their existing week for the following year.
For reservations made a year or more in advance, we require a minimum two week stay. For reservations made less than a year in advance, a one week minimum stay is required. Our homes have turnover days on either a Friday or Saturday, depending on the particular home. We have a strict cancellation policy. For advanced reservations, it is strongly advised to purchase travel insurance to help protect you against trip cancellations.
For advanced reservations, a 50% deposit is required along with a signed lease agreement at the time of booking. The remainder of the balance is due 45 days prior to arrival. For reservations made within 90 days of arrival, 100% of the reservation total is required.
We accept Visa, MC, Discover, AMEX, bank transfer and personal checks (with minimum of 45 days to clear). Even if all payments are made by check, a valid credit card must be on-file prior to your arrival to cover any additional charges incurred during your stay.
Once you have made your reservation, you can work with our guest services team to begin planning your vacation. We will also contact you two weeks prior to your arrival date to setup your check in time, housekeeping schedule, grocery shopping and more. One of our guest service reps will meet you at your home to check you in. Check in time can be anytime after 3:00 PM, but not before. Departure time on your check out day must be by 10:00 AM.
In the event of cancellation, and the accommodation can be re-rented for the rental period at the same rate, all payments will be refunded, less a 25% cancellation fee. In the event the accommodation cannot be re-rented for the rental period, the guest is responsible for the full rental amount, or the difference if the accommodation is rented at a lesser rate. No refunds will be given until the property is re-rented. Ask a Nantucket Retreats` reservations agent about travel insurance which will cover cancellations in certain conditions.
1. ARRIVAL - Unless otherwise stated, check in time is anytime after 3:00 PM. Guests are asked not arrive to the home prior to 3:00 as they will not be allowed to check in or drop off luggage. Check out time is by 10:00 AM. Housekeeping will arrive promptly at 10:00 and will need until 3:00 to properly prepare the accommodation for the incoming guests. Guests that check out late will be charged a prorated days rent.
2. DEPARTURE - Each reservation includes a set number of hours towards the guests departure clean. The amount of hours included is property specific and is detailed in the specific Terms & Conditions of the actual reservation. Guests are expected to leave the property (inside and out) in the same condition in which they found it, (which includes stripping the beds, placing the linens into the wash (and starting), ALL trash must be placed in tied clear plastic trash bags and placed in the outside bins, recycling must be properly separated, all dishes placed in the dishwasher (and started) and the refrigerator completely emptied). The home is to be left clean and free of any personal items. Housekeeping will finish the laundry, make the beds and clean the property for the next guests. Any additional hours needed to clean the accommodation will automatically be charged to the guest’s credit card at the rate of $35.00 per work hour.
3. RECYCLING - Nantucket has mandatory recycling. Detailed instructions will be provided during the check in process. Failure to properly recycle or bag and sort rubbish will result in fines starting at $200.00 which will automatically be charged to the guest’s credit card. Guest Services is available for any questions during the rental period.
4. CANCELLATIONS - In the event of cancellation, and the accommodation is re-rented for the rental period at the same rate, all payments will be refunded, less a 25% cancellation fee. In the event the accommodation cannot be re-rented for the rental period, the guest is responsible for the full rental amount, or the difference if the accommodation is rented at a lesser rate. No refunds will be given until the property is re-rented. Ask a Nantucket Retreats’ reservations agent about travel insurance which will cover cancellations in certain conditions.
5. PETS - No pets of any description shall be kept on the premises (inside our out). If a guest brings a pet to the accommodation, this will constitute a violation of the terms and conditions of this lease, and that guest will not be allowed to check in. If guest is not allowed to check in, all deposits and payments made herein will be forfeited. If a pet is later found on the premises after check in, this will also constitute a violation of the terms and conditions of this lease, and will result in an immediate eviction. If said eviction occurs, all deposits and payments made herein will be forfeited. Deposits forfeited will not be covered under the travel insurance or property protection insurance plans.
6. SECURITY DEPOSITS - In lieu of traditional refundable security deposits, every reservation includes a Protection Damage Insurance Plan that covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during the rental period, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3,000.00. Any damages that exceed $3,000.00 will be charged to the guest's credit card on file. If, during the rental period at one of our Rental Properties, an Insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000.00. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Rental Unit Damage Protection coverage are contained in the Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy. If you prefer to use a traditional security deposit, please inform your reservations agent at the time of booking.
7. PROPERTY CARE - Nantucket Retreats is the management company and is responsible for the care and maintenance of the premises and should be notified immediately of any damage to the premises. Any broken items must be kept and given to management for insurance purposes. For non managed properties (Bronze and Silver Service Level homes), Nantucket Retreats is your point of contact for all maintenance and housekeeping issues. We will contact the owners caretaker and or cleaner on your behalf.
8. Nantucket Retreats shall prepare the premises for occupancy, and the guest shall maintain same in good order for the full term of this lease, and vacate the premises peaceably and quietly, leaving it in the condition in which occupancy was taken, and house to be left clean and ready for the next tenant to occupy as described in the DEPARTURE section above. The guest is further responsible for all damages or breakage not covered by the damage insurance policy, and / or loss to the premises except for normal wear and tear. If guests are not satisfied with the cleanliness of the premises upon arrival, management must be notified within 2 hours by contacting Guest Services.
9. The guest agrees to allow the landlord (property owner) or his / her affiliates and Nantucket Retreats or their affiliates to enter and view the premises; to inspect the premises; to make repairs and improvements to the premises, and to protect the premises if it appears that said premises have been abandoned by the guest, given twenty-four hours notice.
10. The guest shall not sublet the leased premises, nor any part thereof.
11. That all personal property of the guest brought onto the leased premises shall be at the sole risk of the guest. The landlord and guest (tenant) agree that should the premises be destroyed by fire or any other unforeseen casualty, so as to become unfit for human habitation, this lease shall become null and void and all deposits made hereunder shall be refunded in full to the guest.
12. The owner acknowledges that under Massachusetts Law, the described property may be deemed to contain lead paint, if constructed before 1987. The Owner acknowledges that wherever a child or children under 6 years of age resides in any residential premises in which any paint, plaster or other accessible materials contain dangerous levels of lead as defined pursuant to M.G.L. Ch 111 Sections 189A - 199B the owner shall remove or cover said paint, plaster or other materials so as to make inaccessible to other children. Nantucket Retreats does not know whether the lead paint is present in said property.
13. A valid credit card must be on file prior to arrival to cover any additional charges incurred during guest's stay.
14. There will be NO SMOKING indoors.
15. Nantucket Retreats is a DBA of Sea & Ski Hospitality, Inc.